Translate

Monday, January 20, 2014

The Acne Conundrum- Tips for Clear Skin

If there is one thing every woman hates, it's acne. Every time an important event comes (prom, wedding, job interview, date) that's when our bodies decide it is the perfect time to break out.  You may also be unlucky enough, like me, to suffer from adult acne. I'm not talking about one little zit popping up, I mean the big, red gross things that make you feel like wearing a bag over your head. You're 27 years old. Shouldn't you be over this teen curse?

I wanted to share with you the ways I keep my skin under control and the products I find work really well when you get a stress related break out.

First tip is noxema is your friend. I'm not talking about the stuff that comes in tubes, I mean the cold cream in a jar that your mother and grandmother used. This stuff is awesome. Not just to wash your face, about once a week I slather it on my face and let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing off. Using it like a face mask makes my skin clean and smooth without being oily. It helps take the redness out of pimples. I can not stress enough about how much I love old fashioned Noxema.
My second tip has to do with what product works well when you need to get rid of an unexpected break out quick. Persa gel 10 can be found at most grocery stores as it's a clean & clear product. Seriously this is going to run you less than $10. Dabbing a little Persa gel 10 on each zit makes it dry out quickly and the redness to fade quick. Be sure not to use too much or for an extended period of time on unaffected skin because it will dry you out. You can combat that by using an oil free moisturizer that won't clog your pores. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment